Sunday, December 9, 2012

Roses, Wings, A Concert, A Question and A Ring


   

Dave and I have had such a wonderful year and can’t begin to express how blessed we feel.  The year started out with Dave and I talking of wedding bells. We both felt that I was time to move forward in our lives and begin a new life together.  We left things hanging and I was just hoping that things would fall into place.
Dave proposed on April 14th,2012 at The Cowboy in Provo Utah during a Jaugertown set before the Tracy Lawrence show. On the Day Dave proposed he even called my parents and asked their permission, (I had talked to them several times that day and they acted totally normal) how romantic. He had gotten me a dozen red roses and then a single white one in a bouquet. We had dinner out at Buffalo Wild Wings and then were headed to the Tracy Lawrence concert. Our favorite local band Jaugertown was opening up for Tracy and I was so excited to go and have a nice evening out. I admit I was totally clueless. I guess I just knew that Dave likes to make me feel special and so I was really not too much out of the norm.  Dave had things all arranged and they called me up on stage, Dave got down on one knee and in front of over a 1000 people asked me to be his wife. I was totally surprised and of course said yes. Jaugertown, then played our favorite song, From Where I Stand, and we danced and I cried! 
We called my parents after the concert, and then told Dave's parents the following  Monday.  We set a date 11 August 2012, which was just a short four months away. I then started the task of wedding planning. I was looking online for flower ideas and came across a bouquet of knitted flowers. I was instantly hooked and headed to my yarn stash for inspiration. I then got the idea to do all the wedding flowers, the boutonnieres, corsages, centerpieces and my bouquet. I knitted and croqueted for about six weeks. 
Finding my dress was yet another arduous that I was instantly overwhelmed with. I started looking on-line for styles that I liked and couldn’t find anything that I loved. I found a style and called the shop that turned out to be located in Logan Utah. The shop owner was kind enough to tell me who the designer was. I then started calling around Provo and Orem and found several shops that carried the designer. After several trips to shops I was sorely disappointed. A few weeks later Dave and I attended a bridal show at Provo High School. We were there for what seems like forever. In the far corner of the showroom The Bridal Center had a booth http://abridalcenter.com, Julie the owner’s daughter was there and she had previously had “the dress” in her store. We made an appointment and went over to Lehi to The Bridal Center. Dave and I went over and looked at dresses. I tried on a few, and then they brought in a dress that I wasn’t sure about, I tried it on and I fell in love with it…
Dave and I then set to finding a place to get married and to have a family luncheon. We called around, went driving with Dave’s parents to several places, and then went driving around ourselves. We went to White Willow Reception Center; it was love at first sight. They had everything we were looking for at t price we felt we could afford.
It was now time for finding a cake designer. We again used the internet and made lots of calls. We meet with several cake designers and none of them really embraced our vision. A few weeks later I was cleaning out my email inbox and ran across an email from a company that I presumed I had seen at the bridal fair. I emailed them and then made an appointment. We meet with Sam Keele of Awesome Cheap Wedding Cakes https://www.facebook.com/AwesomeWeddingCakesCheap, Sam was so excited to do our peanut butter and jelly cake, with the ombre color we wanted.
We started looking for a wedding photographer and again since we live in Utah, there are so many wedding photographers that will indeed do a great job, but charge so much money to do so. We found Marina at http://www.photobymarina.com. We again found the person that would meet not only our financial needs but to provide us with a perfect wedding day full of memories.

More wedding stories and how we meet coming soon! 
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment